How to Find the Best Auto Mechanic
It would be easy to tell you to not bother looking around for an auto mechanic once you've found us. Because we really think that we are the best. But we want you to be happy and satisfied from the start, so here are some things to do when you need a new mechanic and a place to take your car.
- Ask around. Ask family, friends, and neighbors for recommendations.
- Keep your search local. Unless you need a restoration for something like, oh, a 1925 Bugatti, you want a shop you can get to in a hurry. Or one that's simply convenient.
- See if your local newspaper does a "best of" series. Many times auto shops are covered.
- If you belong to a car club, all the better. The same recommendations will show up again and again.
- Check online. Take a look at Yelp and Angie's List and Google. It's good to see the negatives (should there be any) as well as the positives.
- Stop by the shops you're interested in. Take a look at the cars on the lot - have they been sitting there forever? - and talk to some of the mechanics, or the owner. Is the place clean and orderly? It should be.
- You can check with the Better Business Bureau for complaints, and to see how they were resolved.
- Will they let you watch while they work? Are they patient with you if you have questions? Will they give you some options that might save you some money? If there aren't any options, will they explain this to you?
- Attitude matters. Auto shops are in a service industry. They aren't doing you any favors by taking care of your car. Don't let anyone make you feel stupid or ill-informed. You want to have a relationship that works for everyone.
- If you still can't decide, start with some small work. See how an oil change goes, for example. If you're satisfied with the price and service, you'll want to try a larger job next time.
We have been serving the Hollywood District and greater Portland-area for almost 30 years. We offer professional automotive service specializing in Honda, Toyota, Lexus, Acura, Volvo, Nissan, Volkswagen, and Audi, but we're happy to take a look at whatever you're driving.
We have the best mechanics in the business. Our goal is to fix the problem the first time, and we want to do it right. We'll do our best to explain everything to you and keep the price down.
Come on in and say "hello" and let's get started on building that relationship. We'll always be here when you need us. Call Broadway Imports if you want to schedule an appointment. Schedule an appointment today! Or just stop by.
Find us at 3001 NE Broadway St. in Portland, OR 97232.